The Airbnb Profit Report: How Hosts Can Capitalise On The Staycation Demand
With millions of Brits eagerly awaiting their first getaway of 2021, many Airbnb hosts will be keen to capitalise on what is set to be another bumper year for staycations.
After months of limited business though, the competition to attract guests will be fierce and people will have to go the extra mile to ensure their holiday rentals stand out above the rest.
To help hosts hit the ground running as lockdown restrictions begin to ease, we’ve compiled a report which reveals the features guests are most willing to pay extra for.
Having analysed every single Airbnb property currently available in the UK we’ve discovered where you can get the most bang for your buck!
So if you’re planning on giving your property one final makeover ahead of a busy holiday season make sure you give our analysis a read first.
Where to add value to your Airbnb
Despite holidays in the UK not being able to guarantee the wall-to-wall sunshine of trips to the mediterranean, our analysis revealed air conditioning is the feature which adds the most value to an Airbnb. Hosts who are capable of keeping their guests cool can charge up to £68 extra per night.
Unsurprisingly, properties with swimming pools or hot tubs were also found to be a big draw for guests adding £63 and £46 per night respectively.
While working up a sweat might not be everyone’s cup of tea while on holiday, guests are willing to pay an extra £39 per night for a gym.
Of course, many Airbnb hosts can’t afford the dizzying costs of installing a hot tub or state-of-the-art gym, so where can the most value for money be had?
Top of the shopping list should be a high chair. Despite representing a fairly modest investment compared to a swimming pool or hot tub, guests are willing to pay up to £28 extra per night for one.
Indoor fireplaces are also a popular request and can help to drive up the price of your property by £23.
Simple additions such as offering shampoo and hangers should also not be forgotten as they can add good value to your holiday let too.
The commonly requested features which add the most value to an Airbnb:
- Air Conditioning – £68 per night
- Swimming Pool – £63 per night
- Hot tub – £46 per night
- Gym – £39 per night
- High chair – £28 per night
- Indoor fireplace – £23 per night
- Dryer – £18 per night
- Shampoo – £5 per night
- Hangers – £3 per night
We also know how important it is to feel great in the space that you are living or staying in – a water softener can be an effective way to cater for guests that want to enjoy an even more luxurious experience on their getaway.
‘Set their holiday off to a great start the moment they walk through the door’ – Airbnb super host reveals her top three tips
Although guests may be willing to pay extra for certain features, there are a number of simple touches hosts should implement to ensure guests have a holiday to remember.
Airbnb super host Grace Jackson-Wylde has been welcoming visitors to her holiday cottages in Northumberland for three years and has these top tips:
1) Nail your first impression – It is likely guests have been looking forward to their stay for weeks or months so first impressions are massively important. Set their holiday off to a great start from the moment they walk through the door with a stress-free check in and a sparklingly clean property! Having a welcome note along with a complimentary bottle of wine or fizz is also a great way to impress guests on their arrival.
2) Give guests space – While guests need to know you’re on hand to answer any questions they might have it is important to remember they’re also on holiday. Don’t pester them, guests will let you know if they need you.
3) Introduce guests to the local area – It may sound simple but taking the time to briefly familiarise guests with the local area is often a great way to get their holiday off to a great start. Mapping out where the closest shops, restaurants and pubs are is a nice way of doing this. If you want to go the extra mile why not create a small hamper of local produce?
Harvey Water Softeners is dedicated to improving the lives of UK homeowners through research and product innovation, especially through water softening technology. The UK Airbnb Profit Report is intended to help UK homeowners make more money from their spare bedrooms, holiday homes and secondary properties.
We analysed each facility and amenity to discover how individual components affected an Airbnb host’s earnings. This was all measured against the average nightly value of a UK Airbnb property.
Harvey Water Softeners is dedicated to improving the lives of UK homeowners through research and product innovation, especially through water softening technology. The UK Airbnb report is intended to help UK homeowners make more money from their spare bedrooms, holiday homes and secondary properties.
Our water softeners help you around the home in so many ways. Softened water can prevent limescale build-up in taps, pipes and appliances. Many people think it tastes better than hard water, and it’s much softer on skin. Get in touch to arrange a demonstration.