With the cold weather expected to stay, our top tips on how to stay warm this winter:
- Save on heating and layer up – it’s easier to change your body temperature than that of the room.
- Switch between hot and cold water in the shower – a hot shower will warm you up, while a cold shower improves your blood circulation.
- Baking – a warm oven heats the whole house, while a fresh cake will warm your heart!
- Snuggle up with a hot water bottle – it’s cheaper than an electric blanket.
- Get moving – exercise raises your heart rate and gets the blood pumping, you don’t even have to leave the house, just jump around on the spot!
- Add extra spices to your food – there is no scientific evidence to back this, but a nice warming curry is always welcome on a cold day.
- Sit down and relax with a hot cuppa – nothing can beat the chill like a hot drink! Especially one made with softened water.