Life with a water softener system. Save money with softened water
- Your heating system works more efficiently
- You reduce your cleaning bills by over half
- Your appliances will last longer
Feel great with softened water
- You have a lot less cleaning to do
- Your hair and skin feels great
- You get nice bubbly baths and showers
Find out more about the benefits of softened water.
Features & specifications
- Non-electric water softening system- powered by water pressure
- Twin cylinder design guarantees softened water 24/7
- No water is wasted thanks to our accurate metering system
- Uses compact block salt for easy storing and re-filling
- Manufactured by the UK’s #1 selling domestic water softener
- Water Regulations Advisory Scheme (WRAS) approved to comply with current water regulations
- Performance tested to 1 million cycles ( British standard is 5000 cycles )
- Max flow rate: 56 litres per minute
- Uses 250-350 grams of salt per regeneration
- Regeneration takes approximately 11 minutes
- Uses 17 litres of water per regeneration
- 3000 litres capacity per day
Dimensions: H:487mm x D:438mm x W:202mm
Read about the features of a Harvey™ Water Softener here.
A water softener unit is usually fitted under the kitchen sink, our installation experts will recommend a convenient solution for you and your home. Other common locations include:
- the garage
- the loft
- on an outside wall
- utility room
Our installers are all trained to the highest standards and experienced in fitting water softeners in all of these situations. Installation is a fairly simple process – a little more complex than a washing machine, but much simpler than having a new boiler fitted. It usually takes no more than half a day, though our plumbers never rush – we make sure they have time to do a good, robust and tidy job.
Learn more about water softener installation.
Curved and Block salt
A Harvey™ Water Softener needs salt to function. The salt is used to make a brine solution that cleans the resin in your softener to enable it to continue to trap minerals that cause limescale around your home. To date, our softeners have used block salt, invented by Harvey to make topping up easy.
Today, our new HarveyArc™ Water softener uses the patented Mini Curve salt. A unique curved block that is even easier to use, lighter to handle and fits neatly into your softener.
- Mini curved salt comes in light and convenient 4.25kg packs
- Salt usage depends how much water you mostly use, but a good guide is around one pack per person per month
- The transparent lid makes is easy to see when your salt is running low
- Simply top it up when you have space for another block.
How water softeners work
Water softening is the removal of magnesium and calcium minerals from your water supply through a process of ion-exchange. The softened water that’s then produced is kinder to skin, doesn’t leave limescale build-up on pipes, appliances or any surfaces around your home; meaning it shines for longer.
At the heart of a water softener system are two cylinders containing resin. Millions of microscopic beads trap hardness minerals, softening the water as it enters your home. The resin requires regular cleaning (regeneration), which is a process a water softener performs automatically. This regeneration uses block salt, which is manually topped up when needed.
The Harvey™ Water Softener has unique features that give you softened water everyday. Find out more here.
The NEW HarveyArc, the first eco-friendly water softener on the market. It’s new robust patented design uses 38% less plastic and is made from 62% recycled materials. Performance tested beyond British standards (5000 cycles) to over 1 million cycles, making the HarveyArc the reliable water softener in the UK.
Using a unique twin cylinder design, the cylinders work together to supply your home with softened water 24/7. The NEW Harvey Arc is non-electric and only regenerates when necessary, saving energy and lowering running costs.
The Harvey™ Water Softener HVX model is our slightly larger block salt water softener. It’s particularly suitable for homes with 3-4 bathrooms or more, built to fit under the kitchen sink like the HarveyArc.
It’s the most compact high capacity water softener ever designed, using the same twin cylinder design as the UK’s number one water softener. It has been built to satisfy the water demands of a larger modern home. The HVX doesn’t need any programming or regular maintenance, simply fill it up with block salt when it runs out.
The Big Blue
The Harvey™ Water Softener Big Blue model is a mains water softener and is the largest model we sell. It’s perfect for bigger homes and businesses, using the same unique twin cylinder design as NEW HarveyArc. The twin cylinders ensure your home enjoys an uninterrupted supply of softened water.
The Big Blue fits to the mains water supply. This model needs tablet salt to function, it comes in 10kg and 25kg bags, which simply need to be replenished when it runs out. The salt is dropped into the top of the water softener.
Advanced Harvey technology makes softening simple
The HarveyArc water softener uses twin cylinder technology so that while one resin chamber is regenerating, the other continues softening. You get maximum benefit from soft water on tap 24/7.
The HarveyArc water softener is designed to be maintenance-free. It doesn’t need a power source. All you have to do is keep the salt topped up for continuous, effective water softening.
The HarveyArc water softener is compact and ergonomically designed. Fit one under the sink or in any convenient space near the mains water supply. Handy-sized Mini Curve Salt blocks are lighter in weight than standard blocks and easy to insert.
Harvey Softeners TV advert
“Overall it’s been a good investment”
David – Newbury, Berkshire
"The day after the installation, you could tell"
Mel – Watford, Hertfordshire
Choose Harvey for exceptional quality, performance and service
- UK’s number one manufacturer and installer of water softeners
- Leading technology and expertise
- Softeners designed and built in the UK
- Free consultation and demonstration to understand your needs and answer your questions – online or in person
- Full installation service available
- Comprehensive three-year warranty included, with option to extend to ten years
- Separate drinking water tap installed at no additional cost
- Interest-free payment plans available
- No-obligation three-month trial available, including installation and removal if needed